06 November 2019
Intechnica was founded in 2006 and our vision is to make technology make a difference by increasing the value and removing the risks that Technology can bring to a business. Based in Manchester and London, Intechnica’s Consulting, AI and Software Development services help businesses deliver real growth.
Due to our continued growth we are looking for a certified Scrum Master to join our Professional Services team providing general technical development expertise to a wide range of our clients. You will work in an AGILE environment within a small squad, each squad is responsible for servicing a specific client or looking after specific products.
We are agents of commercial growth and have worked with over 250 companies, large and small, including many well-known names/brands, to help them understand and improve their IT capability. People turn to us for sound advice and assistance in solving complex problems.
Why work for us?
We are a team and as such we take pride in being an open and flexible business. We are passionate about delivering great results for our clients – you will play a key role in helping to shape the future of our business moving forward.
- Ensuring that work undertaken by each of the squads within development is optimised
- Minimising distractions and external interference within the development squads, to enable squad members to be more efficiently managed their tasks.
- Providing support as and when required by the team and leading by example.
- Working in collaboration with other squad leaders to ensure squad harmony is promoted and and there is no conflict within the team(s).
- Creating a trusting and co-operative environment for all squad members to maximise their potential.
- Liaising with other areas of the business, customers and external suppliers to ensure development squads have all the information they require to effectively deliver new functionality
- Ensuring that sufficient and appropriate estimation(s) has been undertaken to create reliable release plans.
- Working with Product Owners and other squad members to optimise the backlog ready for development.
- Working with squads on continual process improvement.
- Facilitating all agile ceremonies (stand-ups, showcase, retrospectives etc) and ensuring that processes are being followed.
- Confident and can think on their feet.
- Have strong commercial experience as a Scrum Master within an Agile environment.
- Experience of working in an E-commerce environment.
- Can work well under pressure and have strong stakeholder management skills.
- Have an understanding of Agile development and continuous improvement.
- Experience within eCommerce (preferred but not essential).
- Understanding of metrics of incremental delivery
- Experience of planning complex agile developments in such a way that it can be reliably communicated to the wider business, enabling the business to schedule sales, marketing and customer activity with a degree of confidence.
- Experience of working and interacting with third parties.
Perks of the job
- Flexible working: we trust people to do the right thing and don’t watch the clock.
- Social Events: Summer BBQ and Christmas Party, plus monthly events organised by our Social Committee.
- Free food: breakfast, fruit and snacks.
- Lunch & Learn: listen to and learn from people talking about a topic they are passionate about, or host one yourself whilst grabbing a free lunch on us!
- Onsite hot drinks machine – enjoy your premium hot drink free of charge!
- Private medical insurance.
- Real career progression: as a fast-growing company, there is plenty of opportunity to learn from others and show what you can do.
- Life assurance: four times your salary for your beneficiaries.
- 25 days holiday: (plus bank holidays).
- Cycle to work scheme.
- We’re a team and therefore value technical skills for their own sake: you don’t have to go into management in order to progress.
Have your voice heard: teams are big enough to be supportive but small enough for everyone to be heard.