06 November 2019
Intechnica was founded in 2006 and our vision is to make technology make a difference by increasing the value and removing the risks that Technology can bring to a business. Based in Manchester and London, Intechnica’s Consulting, AI and Software Development services help businesses deliver real growth.
We have incubated Netacea – the world’s most advanced account takeover, Bot-management and virtual waiting room solution, using AI and machine learning!
Due to our continued growth an opportunity has arisen for a WebSphere Commerce Developer to join our Development Team. You will be working in an agile cross functional team, focussing on high value, high usage solutions and we will require for you to come up with robust solutions to meet client requirements. The ideal person for this role will be a developer who is an expert at developing web-based systems on the WebSphere platform using JSP to create a highly interactive user experience.
We are agents of commercial growth and have worked with over 250 companies, large and small including many well-known names/brands, to help them understand and improve their I.T capability including programme management, architecture design, Agile enablement, software engineering and AI. People turn to us for sound advice and assistance to solve complex problems. We therefore expect our developers to bring innovative ideas and solutions to ensure that the team maintains its innovative competitive edge.
Why work for us?
We are a team and as such we take pride in being an open and flexible business. We are passionate about delivering great results for our clients – you will play a key role in helping to shape the future of our business moving forward.
- Working on team projects and applying an innovative approach to your work
- Designing, develop and maintaining WebSphere Commerce web-based systems.
- Working with high profile retail customers.
- A willingness to take on responsibilities to get the job done
- Working in an AGILE manner within delivery teams and interacting with clients, Product Owners and Testers.
- Working on team projects, applying an innovative approach to your work.
- Interacting with clients and proposing solutions to their technical challenges.
- A willingness to take on additional responsibilities to get the job done.
- Computer Science/Software Develop Degree (Preferred but not essential)
- Confident communicator with good interpersonal skills.
- Experienced in WebSphere Commerce, EJBs, and JPA.
- Natural problem solver
- Good knowledge of SQL, HTML, CSS, Linux, JSP and Dojo.
- Previous experience with DB2.
- Have a minimum of 3 years development experience
- Have a minimum of 2 years IBM Commerce Development experience
- Team player; with a willingness to take on responsibilities to get the job done
- Awareness of issues around client-server software development, including scalability
- Familiar with test driven development methodologies
- Experience with high performance and high availability systems.
- Experience of diagnosing at all levels within systems e.g. Infrastructure, OS platform, Server platform and Application.
- Experience of Application servers – Tomcat/WebSphere/Oracle (Desirable)
- Have an awareness of issues around client-server software development, including scalability.
Perks of the job
- Flexible working: we trust people to do the right thing and don’t watch the clock
- Social Events: Summer BBQ and Christmas Party, plus monthly events organised by our Social Committee.
- Free food: breakfast, fruit and snacks
- Lunch & Learn: listen to and learn from people talking about a topic they are passionate about, or host one yourself in whilst grabbing a free lunch.
- Onsite hot drinks machine – enjoy your premium hot drink free of charge!
- Private medical insurance.
- Real career progression: as a fast-growing company, there is plenty of opportunity to learn from others and show what you can do.
- Life assurance: four times your salary for your beneficiaries.
- 25 days holiday: (plus bank holidays)
- Cycle to work scheme.
- We’re a team and therefore value technical skills for their own sake: you don’t have to go into management in order to progress.
- Have your voice heard: teams are big enough to be supportive but small enough for everyone to be heard