Location: Manchester, NW
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 11th February
Intechnica is one of JP Bullhound’s top 50 fastest growing Northern technology businesses. Our mission is to help businesses make the most of the digital revolution. With our roots in performance engineering we help businesses trade in times of peak traffic, develop highly performant digital products and consult on how organisations need to adapt to deliver differentiation through technology. People turn to us to solve hard problems.
We are looking for a passionate technologist with experience in administering and developing transactional websites on the Java stack. We seek multi-skilled people who want to learn new technologies.
You will join our expanding e-commerce team working across Java-based technologies. We will provide training in specific frameworks and are looking for people who are open to learning new technologies.
Working as the configuration lead in an agile cross functional team, focusing on high value, high usage solutions you will be expected to come up with robust solutions to meet client requirements. You will have responsibility for the quality of environmental work required for the team and providing advice and guidance on the correct technical approach.
- WebSphere Application Server 7
- HTTP (HIS)
- Fix Packs (WAS, DB2)
- Scripting in Bash and Python/Jython
- House-keeping (removing old logs, processed files etc)
- Experience of automated environment builds and java application deployments
- Support and troubleshooting (analysis of heap dumps, thread usage etc)
- Understanding of JEE framework and E-Commerce
- Working in Agile teams
- Knowledge of Centos Linux
- Experience of Application servers – Tomcat/WebSphere/Oracle
- Knowledge of cloud technologies (e.g. AWS)
- Knowledge of development technologies; Ant, python, Jython
- Knowledge of Java and knowledge of the surrounding web standards
- Experience using Jira
- High performance and high availability systems are our specialty therefore experience in these areas would be advantageous
- Flexible working – we trust people to do the right thing and don’t watch the clock
- Great career progression – as a fast growing company there is plenty of opportunity to show what you can do.
- We value technical skills for their own sake – you don’t have to go into management to get on.
- Have your voice – with an average of 5 people per squad, teams are big enough to be supportive but small enough for everyone to be heard.
- Personal pension
- Company Funded Medical Benefit
- Life Assurance – 4 times your salary for your beneficiaries
- Maternity, Paternity, Adoption leave
- Childcare vouchers
- 25 days holiday
- Cycle to work – buy a bike with us
- Free breakfast
- Free fruit – but we’re no angels, we also have plenty of free unhealthy snacks
Please note that we will NOT be responding to any agency applications.Apply Today