Location: Manchester, NW
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Intechnica is one of GP Bullhound’s top 50 fastest growing Northern technology businesses. Our mission is to help businesses make the most of the digital revolution. We help businesses of all sizes get the best out of their applications and the teams that run them. People turn to us to solve complex problems.
We are a software engineering first company, working with brands as well as our own products. Each role we recruit for has its own unique set of skills, but everyone in our company shares the same passion for what we do.
So, if you want to be part of an ambitious team that’s dedicated to creating better software, join us!
What Will You Do?
An opportunity has arisen for a Product Owner to work in one of our development teams. The ideal person for this role will be a Product Owner who has experience working in an Agile environment, defining, prioritising and managing a roadmap for a complex software product.
- Work in a small team, devising innovative and robust solutions to complex problem on high value, high usage engagements
- Define and manage the vision, working with our client’s to gather requirements and convert those into deliverable features (User Stories), ensuring that they are sufficiently documented using BDD practices to allow successful development and testing
- Work with testers and developers to ensure all fully understood and to define acceptance criteria for features and non-functional requirements. Also planning sprints and releases
- Work directly with our clients to gather requirements and convert those into deliverable features (User Stories), ensuring that they are sufficiently documented using BDD practices to allow successful development and testing
- Be responsible for prioritising the roadmap, ensuring that it be used by other areas of the business to understand the future development of the product as well as by developers
- Be responsible for ensuring that the product being delivered is the correct product to meet the business requirements and delivers the most value to the business possible
- Definition and management of the vision for a product and ensuring that implementation fits that vision
- Be willing to travel to client sites 1-2 times a week
We are looking for a Product Owner who has a hands-on, can do attitude. You will be confident and willing to drive the vision for a product and stand up for the vision when managing conflicting demands from multiple sets of business users
- Experience of working as a product Owner/Manager within an agile environment, familiar with BDD approach to software development
- Experience of working with business users to define requirements and design solution to those requirement
- Familiarity with cutting edge delivery methodologies and a willingness to keep abreast of the latest developments in the industry
- Good communication skills – you must be able to communicate complex ideas to the different levels of stakeholders within each of our client engagements
- Must be willing to be hands on and contribute to all activities within each of our client projects
- Familiarity with Gherkin
- Certified ScrumMaster
- You will be an Influencer – you work well within a team and are able to get things done technically
- Flexible working: we trust people to do the right thing and don’t watch the clock
- Great career progression: as a fast-growing company, there is plenty of opportunity to show what you can do
- We value technical skills for their own sake, you don’t have to go into management to get on
- Have your voice heard: with an average of five people per squad, teams are big enough to be supportive but small enough for everyone to be heard
- Personal pension
- Company funded medical benefit
- Life assurance, four times your salary for your beneficiaries
- Childcare vouchers
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays
- Cycle to work scheme
- Free breakfast, fruit and snacks
Please note that we will NOT be responding to any agency applications.