Graduate Technical Consultant
Intechnica was founded in 2006 and our vision is to make technology make a difference by increasing the value and removing the risks that Technology can bring to a business. Based in Manchester and London, Intechnica’s Consulting, AI and Software Development services help businesses deliver real growth.
Due to our continued growth, we are looking for a Graduate Technical Consultant to join our operations department.
We are agents of commercial growth and have worked with over 250 companies, large and small including many well-known names/brands, to help them understand and improve their IT capability including programme management, architecture design, agile enablement, software engineering and AI. People turn to us for sound advice and assistance to solve complex problems.
The role will be conducted largely remotely for the foreseeable future in light of COVID 19, but as and when circumstances permit, the successful candidate will attend meetings as required in our Manchester office, albeit it is likely that there will be a significant amount of homeworking available once offices reopen.
Able to participate in stakeholder information gathering workshops and contributing ideas
- Consistently ensure high written standards within technical writing and copy-writing
- Strong writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Ability to communicate across all levels within the business
- The ability to understand and capture technical information, key points and opinion and rewrite for consumption by a technical and non-technical audience.
- An excellent command of the English language is essential as is the ability to write.
- Good research and analytical skills are highly valued when producing material or affording comment.
- Educated to degree level with a minimum of a 2:1
- Have an understanding of computing, network and infrastructure technologies
- You should also be highly IT literate including knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Willingness to occasionally travel and work outside normal working hours to meet deadlines
Why work for us?
We are a team and as such we take pride in being an open and flexible business. We are passionate about delivering great results for our clients – you will play a key role in helping to shape the future of our business moving forward.
We have a hardworking and professional culture but believe in having fun. We look for people who align with our values.
- We are a team: we believe that effective teamwork is the key to successful delivery.
- We are determined: we do not let obstacles stand in our way and strive to deliver positive change.
- We are open and flexible: we listen to others and are prepared to change our views.
- We learn and teach: we strive to be as good as we can and to be effective at developing others.
- We create value: we help our clients and Intechnica to grow and succeed.
Intechnica is a diverse organisation and proud of it. We have people of varied ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, religion, and political outlook. What unites us is our belief that technology makes a difference.
- Flexible working: we trust people to do the right thing and don’t watch the clock.
- Home working – the office is open currently Tuesday to Thursday.
- Social Events: Summer BBQ and Christmas Party, plus monthly events organised by our Social Committee.
- Free food: breakfast, fruit and snacks.
- Lunch & Learn: listen to and learn from people talking about a topic they are passionate about, or host one yourself in whilst grabbing a free lunch.
- Onsite hot drinks machine – enjoy your premium hot drink free of charge!
- Private medical insurance.
- Real career progression: as a fast-growing company, there are plenty of opportunities to learn from others and show what you can do.
- Life assurance: four times your salary for your beneficiaries.
- 25 days holiday: (plus bank holidays)
- Your birthday off to celebrate the birth of you!
- Length of service awards
- Training opportunities
- Spirit awards for being an intechnica champion.
- Cycle to work scheme.
- We’re a team and therefore value technical skills for their own sake: you don’t have to go into management in order to progress.
- Have your voice heard: teams are big enough to be supportive but small enough for everyone to be heard