Location: Manchester, NW
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 28th February
Intechnica is one of JP Bullhound’s top 50 fastest growing Northern technology businesses. Our mission is to help businesses make the most of the digital revolution. With our roots in performance engineering we help businesses trade in times of peak traffic, develop highly performant digital products and consult on how organisations need to adapt to deliver differentiation through technology. People turn to us to solve hard problems.
We’re a software engineering first company working with brands as well as our own products. We look for people who want to grow their skills and are open to learning new languages and techniques.
What will you do?
- Work on agile projects as part of a small team, that have total responsibility for their client or product.
- Learn new skills.
- Have your voice heard, you’ll be designing solutions for major clients and products. Your input will steer how these develop.
- Help us grow. We’re a fast growing business, you’ll have the opportunity to influence how we do things.
- Developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Working with designers to fulfil client vision for high profile retail site
- Help maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the product’s interface
- Stay up-to-date on emerging web technologies
- Browser testing and debugging
- Integrating with server-side code to produce dynamic pages
- Gather requirements from client and estimate work
- Work in an agile manner in delivery team interacting with clients, Product Owners and Testers.
- Design and implement all client side code and mark up in accordance with design and code best practices
- Work alongside industry standard security standards (OWASP etc.)
- Strong understanding of and aptitude for UI, cross-browser compatibility, general web functions and standards
- Understanding of layout aesthetics
- Delivery focused with experience of using AGILE practices.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Excitement about emerging web technologies
- Good understanding of Web Accessibility
- Ecommerce Experience (ideal, but not essential)
- Awareness of issues around client-server software development, including scalability.
- High performance and high availability systems are our specialty therefore experience in these areas would be advantageous.
- Experience of diagnosing at all levels within systems e.g. Infrastructure, OS platform, Server platform and Application.
- Flexible working – we trust people to do the right thing and don’t watch the clock
- Great career progression – as a fast growing company there is plenty of opportunity to show what you can do.
- We value technical skills for their own sake – you don’t have to go into management to get on.
- Have your voice – with an average of 5 people per squad, teams are big enough to be supportive but small enough for everyone to be heard.
- Personal pension
- Company Funded Medical Benefit
- Life Assurance – 4 times your salary for your beneficiaries
- Maternity, Paternity, Adoption leave
- Childcare vouchers
- 25 days’ holiday
- Cycle to work – buy a bike with us
- Free breakfast
- Free fruit – but we’re no angels, we also have plenty of free unhealthy snacks
Please note that we will NOT be responding to any agency applications.Apply Today