Location: Manchester, NW
Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 28th February
Intechnica is one of JP Bullhound’s top 50 fastest growing Northern technology businesses. Our mission is to help businesses make the most of the digital revolution. With our roots in performance engineering we help businesses trade in times of peak traffic, develop highly performant digital products and consult on how organisations need to adapt to deliver differentiation through technology. People turn to us to solve hard problems.
We’re a software engineering first company working with brands as well as our own products. We look for people who want to grow their skills and are open to learning new languages and techniques.
Are you the type of person who loves solving problems? Do you see new and better ways to do things? Do you have experience of digital solutions? If so let’s talk.
We are looking for people to help build the digital solutions of tomorrow. You will probably have experience of designing complex software, talking to potential users, understanding what they want and of creating a product to meet their needs. You may have already been a Product Owner, or maybe you worked in another aspect of technology, but still got involved with designing solutions. The most important thing is the desire to understand and solve problems.
You will definitely have a hands on, can do attitude. You will be confident and willing to drive the vision for a product and stand up for the vision when managing conflicting demands from multiple sets of business users. You will be an Influencer – you work well within a team and are able to get things done technically
What will you do?
This is a summary of the type of things you will do:
- Work on agile projects as part of a small team, that have total responsibility for their client or product
- Lead the design of the solution for our clients (or maybe one of our products)
- Learn new skills.
- Help us grow. We’re a fast growing business, but still small enough that everyone at this level plays a key role for us. You will help determine how we do things and what we do.
The role will involve working directly with business users at our clients to gather requirements and converting those into deliverable Features (User Stories), ensuring that they are sufficiently documented using BDD practices to allow successful development and testing. You will also be responsible for prioritising the roadmap, ensuring that it be used by other areas of the business to understand the future development of the product as well as by developers. You will be responsible for ensuring that the product being delivered is the correct product to meet the business requirements and delivers the most value to the business possible.
Working in a small team, you will be expected to devise innovative and robust solutions to complex problem on high value, high usage engagements. While delivering work in an Agile, BDD approach, we focus on delivering maximum value to clients by providing at outcome that is fit for purpose, functionally correct and meets the business needs, validated through continuous integration and automation.
Intechnica expects Product Owners to bring innovative ideas and solutions and to try and ensure that the team maintains its innovative edge.
- Own and define vision for the product and ensure that the finished product is within this vision
- Requirement gathering from business users and conversion to product roadmap which will then be managed by the product owner
- Work with testers to define acceptance criteria for features and non-functional requirements.
- Work with developers to ensure that all features are fully understood and accurately estimated.
- Work with the business to understand prioritisation of features.
- Validate that what is being delivered matched the client requirements and expectations
- Validate that what is being delivered meets expected Intechnica quality
- Manage the day to day delivery of sprints within a project
- Work with the developers and testers to plan sprints and releases.
- A willingness to take on responsibilities to get the job done.
- Will be expected to work in an agile manner in delivery teams interacting with clients, developers and Testers.
- Experience of working with business users to define requirements and design solution to those requirements.
- Familiarity with cutting edge delivery methodologies and a willingness to keep abreast of the latest developments in the industry.
- Good communication skills – you must be able to communicate complex ideas to the different levels of stakeholders within each of our client engagements.
- Must be willing to be hands on and contribute to all activities within each of our client projects.
- Certified ScrumMaster
- Flexible working – we trust people to do the right thing and don’t watch the clock
- Great career progression – as a fast growing company there is plenty of opportunity to show what you can do.
- We value technical skills for their own sake – you don’t have to go into management to get on.
- Have your voice – with an average of 5 people per squad, teams are big enough to be supportive but small enough for everyone to be heard.
- Personal pension
- Company Funded Medical Benefit
- Life Assurance – 4 times your salary for your beneficiaries
- Maternity, Paternity, Adoption leave
- Childcare vouchers
- 25 days’ holiday
- Cycle to work – buy a bike with us
- Free breakfast
- Free fruit – but we’re no angels, we also have plenty of free unhealthy snacks
Please note that we will NOT be responding to any agency applications.Apply Today